Opening up a Wide Variety of Best Dishwashers
A drawer dishwasher is a fairly recent addition to the American kitchen. They've been around for decades, but only recently have people discovered how convenient and ultimately, how efficient they are.
We've seen a nice new shift in the direction of these dishwashers also due to the decreased amount of water and energy usage necessary.
2 Different Types of Drawer Models
The good news is that your choices are fairly limited as for styles, there are only two different types of Drawer Dishwashers:
- Single Drawer Dishwasher:
This is that only has one drawer (perfect for smaller spaces where full dishwasher loads aren't typical). They are perfect for studios or bar areas where you only need to do small loads and a bit more frequently.
If you are single and live alone you will fall in love with this model because you'll be able to clean as few or as many dishes as you need.
- Double Drawer Dishwasher:
These models allow you the convenience of either running one large load, or one smaller load more often.
You do this by either running just one drawer full or both at the same time. Perfect for all different types of uses and you'll never have to feel guilty for running a small load of dishes again.
Drawer models are typically more expensive then their single draw-bridge door models (that's what a normal/regular dishwasher is actually called). Much of that is the excess cost in minimizing the mechanics inside (for single drawer models) and the duplication of certain components in two drawer models.
Biggest Advantage of a Drawer Dishwasher Model
There are a number of advantages to having a drawer dishwasher, but none top the ability to run two different cycles at the same time.
So, if you had a lighter load of fragile glassware on the top of the machine while the bottom drawer worked on large pots or pans, the efficiency is clear.
A single drawer unit is most convenient for those who don't have the space for a typical dishwasher and would rather not use a counter top dish washing unit (e.g., a Portable Dishwasher) or rolling dishwasher.
Click here to learn more about Portable Dishwashers
Best Dishwasher Brands to Consider
Not a lot of kitchen appliance manufacturers make a multi-drawer dishwasher model. But these models are quickly gaining in popularity, and over the course of the next few years you're sure to see them become more and more prevalent in an already crowded retail landscape.
This is good for you, the consumer, because ultimately, this will help to drive the prices down as these unit are typical well over $1,000 USD. For a dishwasher, that is exorbitant for some, but many are still willing to pay for convenience.
That all said, some of the more popular brands that specialize in Drawer Refrigerators are:
- KitchenAid: This is definitely one of our favorite brands across the board. Not only does KitchenAid make some very high quality products, their drawer models are some of the most efficient around. The Architect II line is not only attractive, but loaded with unique features.
- Maytag: Manufactured by Whirlpool, the Maytag Drawer models are well worth their price tag. Maytag has always been a mark of quality, and their drawer units are unparalleled.
- Fisher & Paykel: A European brand, Fisher & Paykel have only recently been selling appliances in the U.S. They currently have one of the wider selections of drawer models available. They have a bit of a checkered past for reliability, but over the past year or two have managed to dramatically clean up their image as a quality player.
Click on any of the links above to see more about these models of drawer dishwasher that each of these brands make.
Take Me FROM Drawer Dishwasher to Dishwasher Reviews
Take me to Best Dishwashers